ORAL HYGIENE ROUTINE
A good oral hygiene routine helps our patients to take care of their smile when they are at home. Our dentists take time to explain the importance of these steps to you. They can also assist you in identifying areas where you might have to improve to maintain a healthy mouth.
Oral health tips
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day for a minimum of 2 minutes
- Use a toothbrush with soft bristles as this protects your teeth and gums
- Change your toothbrush (or head of your electric toothbrush) at least every 3 months and after you were sick
- Floss daily to remove food particles that get stuck in between your teeth and in between teeth and your gum line
- Floss before you brush as this has been proven to remove a higher amount of plaque
- Use fluoride toothpaste
- Drink plenty of water, especially after consuming staining, starchy and sugary foods
- Visit your dentist every 6 months for preventative dental visits
- Follow a healthy diet and consume products that are rich in calcium, fiber, and vitamins
CHILD DENTAL BENEFIT SCHEDULE
The Child Dental Benefit Schedule (CDBS) is a Medicare initiative which allows eligible children between the ages of 2 and 17 to access a benefit of $1,013 over a 2-calendar year period. The schedule covers several preventative services such as check-up and cleans, x-rays, fillings, fissure sealants and extractions.
We can bulk bill this benefit at our practice for you. Please let us know that you would like to access the scheme when booking the appointment for your child. Our team will then be able to prepare the necessary paperwork for you to claim the CDBS.
To be eligible, your child must be between the age of 2 to 17. You also must receive the relevant Australian Government payment at any point in the calendar year such as Family Tax Benefit Part A. Usually, your family will receive a notification from the Department of Human Services if you are eligible.
A custom-made mouthguard is the best way to protect your teeth when playing impact sports. Our dentists take impressions of your teeth to ensure that your mouthguard fits your teeth, gums, and bite seamlessly. This makes wearing it more comfortable whilst protecting your teeth and jaw.
We offer a variety of colours and customising options including initials, logos, and prints. Please ask our team for more information at your appointment.
The White Bite offers NO GAP dual-layer, single-colour mouthguards for all private health fund members with available dental extras cover. This means, no matter which health fund you are with, you won’t have any out of pocket costs for this type of custom-made mouthguard.